Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Egg White Protein Muffins

Egg White Protein Muffins or Pancakes



So last week I started "Food Friday's" but today is a perfect day for me to post my favorite recipe for everyday or on the go as I had a request from a client for new snack ideas.

I used to make these every week and always had a "snack" on hand or I would make them in the mornings as pancakes.  Either way I am sure you will love them!

In a blender, mix the following ingredients: 

12 egg whites (you can add in 2+ yolks)
1 scoop of Mila (Chia seed) 
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop of egg white protein 
1 cup of fresh pumpkin, applesauce or low sugar preserves or fresh chopped apple, berries, pears etc.
*optional: cinnamon and vanilla to taste

If doing muffins, pour into a muffin pan that has been sprayed with canola oil or coconut oil spray. 
Bake at 350 degree for 35 to 45 minutes. 

If doing pancakes, make them as you would any other pancake. 

top with your favorite topping such as local honey, low sugar preserves, almond butter, or a dash of powdered sugar and enjoy! 

It is a great alternative to other breakfast foods and is a great option for mid-morning or afternoon snacks.


Bon Appetite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment