Friday, April 12, 2013

Staying healthy while on Vacation


Day 2-Run


Is it possible? I do have to say that being away this week with the family has been great but I never let the week "off"  become a week "off" of staying healthy and fit.  No mater where we are, there is always time to get out and move, either as a family or for a quick run. Family hikes and playtime on the beach all count as well! 

This week was no exception. I was able to get in 2 runs and 2 strength workouts. The strength workouts did not require a trip to the gym but rather some time, motivation and space to move. I always travel with my TRX (a great investment for on the road or at home) and having body weight alone can make for a killer workout. This is what I did this morning: 

50 quick squats
25 squats with roundhouse kick (alternating legs)
20 dips on a park bench
20 push-ups on a park bench
20 leg up lunges (10 per leg) 
50 mountain climbers

I did the above 2 times after a short run and I was feeling charged for the day.  

Eating is always a challenge but making the "Better of the bad choices" is always my goal. What I mean is if I am going to try something new or go out, I will try to eat a healthy version of what is being offered. Last night we ate a local spot called the Riders Club. If you are even in San Clemente..check them out.  

They had an amazing salad of mixed greens, fresh veggies, grilled chicken and just a sprinkle of bacon. The bacon was my guilty pleasure with dinner. I also enjoyed a St. Bernardus Triple. Yum!  So yes, I may not have eaten 100% clean but I picked my poison with eating a salad (veggies), chicken (protein) bacon (fat) and the beer (well that was just a glass full of yummy empty calories but to have one was a treat.  

Day 4-Run #2



No comments:

Post a Comment