Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Workout Wednesday

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday here in Bend, OR it was snowy and cold.  I did spend yesterday on the treadmill running the workout I posted on my FB page and did some internal thinking about all those affected by the horrible Boston Marathon tragedy, it felt good to push hard and give thanks for the day. 

I am not a big fan of indoor workouts as I am so solar powered but yesterday was the perfect day to complete such a focused workout.  It felt great and I left with a smile.

speed work on the machine    






Today, we couldn't have asked for better weather. I was able to get out with a good friend, Abigail, and go for a much needed run with a friend.  The sunshine, conversations and task of pushing her 30lb daughter up and down the trails and hills of Shevlin park was more fun than I thought as today was a day I just didn't feel like doing much and I almost wanted to bail on our run date.  I am so glad I went as I felt energized after. I am sharing these thoughts as I know there are days when we feel like not working out or we feel the need to run all the errands we can. There are times when a day off does a body good but I knew in my case, I was just feeling lazy.   I always use the rule to give myself 20 minutes of 'trying' and if it still feels awful I stop. Thanks to the motivation of my friend and for our "date" I didn't give up in fact we ended up running an hour!  I have yet to ever stop so I challenge you to do the same.  If you are needing a little push here is a 20 minute blast. Try it and just know you can stop after 20 minutes, but I bet you will surprise yourself:) 

5 min run/jog to warm-up
20 high knees
20 power skips
3 minutes of jog/running
20 burpees
20 mountain climbers
3 minutes of jog/running
20 squat jumps
20 total switch lunge jumps
5 minutes of jog/run
I dare you to STOP now:) 
 

Get moving!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment