Saturday, September 14, 2013

Signs it's Saturday

Signs it's Saturday!

I had the chance to start off my morning with some amazing friends and athletes. What was suppose to be an easy run of 5-6 miles turned into a faster paced almost 8mile run along the rolling Deschutes River.  I have to say that starting my Saturday off early was not always a desire but getting my workout in and then having the day to spend it with the family has been key. 

My girls ventured out for a breakfast play date with their dad and then it was off to horse lessons. My oldest is venturing into a new arena (literally) and becoming more and more interested in life of horses.  The discipline and commitment makes this mama smile as I watch her do the daily chores of grabbing her own tack, getting her favorite pony, "Cutezilla" brushing her and then saddling her up so she can ride for her lesson. Her younger sister watches in awe and always wants to join but we are taking baby steps with her as she truly decides what her Saturday callings are.  

We ride bikes, ride horses and I can't wait for the day my girls will be running or riding along side me but until then watching them ride horses, bikes or just take a walk is one of the most rewarding things ever. Going back to my run, I once use to wake up at 5 or 6 with some of the best women I know and we would train for hours on end riding our bikes, running or swimming getting ready for our "next event" but life has changed and I would not trade it for the world.  Events and goals can still be made but to know they include my sweet little family of four, or six counting our hounds, is pretty cool. 

I guess in a way I could call this post Saturday Sprinkles as it is merely just that....a Saturday sprinkled with so much fun. Here are some pics of what today has looked like thus far. Enjoy your day and I will keep "sprinkling" some family fun into my posts as I focus on keeping in line with my overall blog goals of staying balanced, active, healthy and well.  


morning run
visit to the barn
post ride play on the vaults



Happy "Sprinkle" Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment