Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 1

Pure change, Pure foods, Pure energy



So today is day 1 of my 21 day purification. I woke up actually very excited and ready to focus a little more on me and all that I preach. I am human and I have found myself too many times in the past month neglecting to get in my total servings of veggies, enough water and perhaps too many 'on the go nutrition' bars. 

I was beginning to get a few headaches, not sleeping well, and feeling a little bit off. This purification came at a perfect time as my body is ready as well as my mind.

Thankfully my amazing husband is doing this with me so I have some home based support:). I also have my amazing athletes and blog supporters to help me stay accountable and keep me focused. Comments are great so if you feel the urge to cheer me on you can leave a comment below:) 

So what does this purification look like?

I get to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I want, protein shakes, water and additional fiber and greens. It really is a lot to consume and the cool thing is there will not be a lack of nutrients here. Add in some healthy fats, my chia seed and I am feeling pretty darn good day 1.

I have not had my daily dose of Dutch brothers today so that is the one thing I have to say I miss although I can have it if I really, really need it but deep down I know I don't need it but fingers crossed it stays that way:)


I am loving my shakes and have been drinking green tea due to it being a chilly day. Lots of the basics that I used day-to-day is this is not a major change but rather as the title says, a pure change.

I will continue to check in and share my progress so check back. Thanks for your support and wish me luck! 




No comments:

Post a Comment