Friday, September 13, 2013

Food Friday-Chocolate Chia Pudding

Chocolate Chia Pudding

Can you say Yum?

I was having a craving for pudding after I was doing a little grocery shopping and saw the single serving pudding on the shelf at Whole Foods.  I didn't want to give into the cute packaging as this particular brand even came with its own cute little spoon.  I refrained (for which if you know me, you know I like cute packaging) and decided to give it a try on my own.  I can totally do this and I have to share that not only did I do it, but it was yummy and my girls thought it was the best treat EV-VER!


Here are the basics: 

1 cup of almond milk (or other favorite milk product)
3 Tablespoons of Chia Seed (I actually used more and I will tell you why)
2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2-3 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup or your other favorite "real" sweetener
a pinch of salt. 

Mix all the ingredients together.  My picture below shows how hard it can be to stir the cocoa powder in so I thought I would put it in my vita mixer.  Well that was going a little too far hence the need for more chia as it ended up liquefying it.  I needed to remember the saying...."Patience young grasshopper"  but I added more chia and I have to say it was even more amazing.  I ended up adding one more Tablespoon and it allowed for the seeds to gel and create a thicker pudding.  



The finished product was so worth it and it totally fulfilled the craving without all the guilt or adding sugar, additional unknown ingredients etc.  

If you try it let me know how it turns out. 
Since they say practice makes perfect I may give it a go in another flavor....stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment