Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Old School Workout Wednesday


There are days when I just don't want to think.  I want to think about my form and challenging myself but I just don't want to think about what I should do for a workout.  This is my old school Workout Wednesday as I just took it back to the basics.  These are the moves we first learned in gym class. They are the moves as adults we don't often choose to do, but once they are done...I know not everyone may agree, but I feel awesome!

I paired this workout after a quick run around my neighborhood.  It may have been a bit overkill as I was feeling pretty worked after but I have to say that I had the most energy that afternoon you would have thought I slept all morning:) 


I did the old school strength moves 2x through. You could even do one set as a warm up and add in various intervals with shorter distance running, jumping rope for 2-3 minutes.  A quick lap or two around the block on your bike.  You can add 4-6 sets of the total body strength moves just in itself.  

This workout started out rather dull in my normally creative mind but I have to say this ended up being a super fun hour of power that I will definitely repeat again. 

Let me know what you think and most of all...Keep moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment