Sunday, September 29, 2013

21 Day Purification...How am I doing?

The update.

First off, I apologize about the delay in my update.  Every time I have sat down to write and update it I have been at a loss for words. I am officially at week 1 of the purification and this is how the week has gone. 
The goods.
Days 1-3:  These were by far the hardest.  I was surprised to find I was not craving my daily Dutch B but was more so craving everything my girls were eating:)  They are not afraid to throw down some almonds and popcorn in the afternoon and I was about to attack them but held it together.  Instead I opted for one of my approved protein shakes.  I have seriously grown to love these shakes and have been forced to get creative. 

I eat up to 2-3 shakes a day along with all the fresh vegetables and fruits I want.  I have gotten pretty creative with cooking up new flavors of the above but I also realized I could never be a full blown vegan.  Kudos to those out there but perhaps I say that now so don't hold me to it. 

Side-effects: Frequent trips to the restroom. (sorry for TMI)  I did get a few headaches but my overall energy seemed to be fine although I was happy to go to bed each night. My headaches really only affected me on day two but I woke up with them gone.   I have grown to love tea.  Green tea is the preferred but I am branching out and trying some new ones as well.  Who knew I would be OK with out my daily dose of Dutch Bros.

I do have to take 7 capsules of the required SP Cleanse Capsules 3x a day. These are the hardest part as they often leave an after taste that I would love to chase with a glass of wine but I have refrained:)  (Mara, no worries I have not cheated) 

Day 4-7: Things seemed to have gotten easier.  I am getting the capsules down no problem, the shakes are becoming more flavorful as I put more effort into making them fun and tasty. Dinners have been getting better and my daily salads are getting a ton of variety.  I was saved on day 4 when I came across a pinterest pin that highlighted tons of recipes for this particular Standard Process 21 day Purification. Bless that woman as she has opened a new door for Mark (my HH) and I with recipes.  I was also given a great recipe by one of my athletes (Thanks Debbie) that turned out to be a favorite dinner...you can see the recipe on my recent Food Friday post:)

Thank you Mommypotamus for all the help!  Anyone wanting to do the 21 day purification must remember her blog!  She even breaks it up into daily recipe ideas. Amaze-balls!

Here I sit day 8. I am not only proud I have come this far but I am feeling great.  The HH and I have gone from talking about the food we want to eat after the 21 days to talking about the changes we want to instill post 21 days.  The no alcohol change may hold its ground except on occasions, the increase of vegetables which I once thought I was doing well will stick and I am sure as we continue down the path more things will surface on how we want to stay on board to a healthier eating path. 

Day 11 is the day we are looking forward to. Day 11 is this Wednesday but who is counting:)  We get to add in lean proteins back into our daily meals.  So for now I will leave you with a few more pics of what the week has entailed and an overview of my activity that has surprisingly stayed high along with a few low lying days.  



Thanks for all your support and thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any questions and I promise I will do my best to update mid-week but for sure you will hear more next week as we complete week 2!



Want to know more of the down and dirty???  e-mail me or post your comments below and I will respond.  Come on..ask away:) 




 Keep moving!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment