Friday, February 14, 2014

Food Friday- Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Food Friday 

and 

Happy Valentines Day!

Wild Orange Chocolate Torte


What a great day for a sweet treat. Who doesn't love a little bit of chocolate on Valentines Day.  This Wild Orange Chocolate Torte has been a hit this week. I made two and played around with the flavors but I have to say that mix of orange and chocolate is amazing!  Not only is this dessert gluten free and dairy free but it used some heart healthy 70% chocolate in it (of course always in moderation:)) and I thought I would try my hand at using some of the essential oils I use and try the Wild Orange added to the chocolate.  I wish you could taste it from here but it is super subtle put yet you that hint of orange is just the right amount.

Ingredients:
14 oz of 70% dark chocolate. I am definitely purchasing organic and not Hershey's:)
3/4 of a cup of melted Ghee (you can also use butter)
2/3 cup of sugar. I used coconut sugar
2/3 cup of almond flower
3/4 cup of coconut flower
4 eggs

The How:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
oil and dust with coconut or almond flour a dark tin cake pan (8")
Melt the ghee or butter and chocolate in a dbl boiler. I used a glass bowl over my pot filled with boiling water.

I added all the remaining ingredients to my mixer and poured in the ghee and chocolate once it was melted. I mixed it on high for 3 minutes.

Pour into pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Take it out immediately and flip it over to cool sprinkle with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and enjoy!


We didn't get very far post cooling before digging in.  This made an excellent treat for the Valentines week and holiday but really who couldn't use a little hit of sweet goodness every now and then.  Of course everything in small doses can be a good thing so enjoy!  I know I did!

Get Fit. Live Fit. Be Fit and Eat good desserts every now and then:) 

I have to point our my favorite glass bottle that made an appearance in my Valentines day photo. mybkr.com is a great site for picking up one of these trendy bottles that have been a favorite of mine and my athletes.  Check out their website or shoot me an e-mail and  you can purchase one through me. 

Happy "HEART' day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment