Thursday, December 12, 2013

Workout Wednesday- The 12 Days of Fitness

 Workout Wednesday

'The 12 Days of Fitness'

What better way to kick off the countdown to the holidays than with a 12 Days of Fitness workout. I loved this article posted via the Huffington Post as it really is applicable to the busy days leading up to Christmas.

This workout covers moves that all of my classes are familiar with and on a day things get to hectic or an afternoon you could use a little movement here is a fun way to burn a few extra calories so you don't feel so guilty going to the holiday party and enjoying a small bite of something sweet:)

From the Huff Post December 12, 2013 posting.




You start with one minute of planking on day one. Each day you do the day 1 plus the next day.
So 1 minute of planking + 5 star jumps and so on. You can repeat them each again if you need more of a workout or like I did today, I added 5x1 minutes of planking after my run. Tomorrow I will do the same after my strength workout I have planned. I will do the 1minute of planks and add in the start jumps. I will likely repeat 3-5 times before calling it quits but even if you just do what is listed above it is better than nothing.  As you go more time and more total body workout starts to accumulate and then by Christmas Eve you are in the rhythm and ready to take on the remaining days of December.

I will be posting my progress as well as my classes each day so check back and join in on the fun! 

Here is a fun way to add a bit of intensity to your plank plus working out with a friend is always more fun! 

Get Fit. Live Fit. Be Fit.
www.bendbootcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment