Friday, November 22, 2013

Food Friday

Tostadas! 

I have been dying to try to make corn tortillas out of cauliflower. It sounded like a challenge and what better way to spend your Friday night than trying something new:)

I am always a fan of making cauliflower rice, the pizza crust was not my best showing but I was determined to master this.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!



These were so easy and so yummy! 

How I did it:

1 head of cauliflower
Pulse it in your food processor until it is nice and fine (like grains if rice or smaller)
Put it in your microwave for two minutes. Stir and repeat another two minutes.

Drain the heck out of the cauliflower. I put it in a dish towel (clean of course) and squeezed it pretty hard. I was surprised how much water came out.

I then added the cauliflower back to the bowl along with two eggs and some s+p.

I flattened out a small amount on parchment paper and bakes for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. I took them out flipped ten over and baked for another 10 minutes. They were fantastic!

We ended up topping them with
Black beans
Shredded goat cheddar
Shredded cabbage
Thinly sliced jicama
Sautéed onions, peppers and zucchini
Guacamole and some salsa!

Amazing, simple and healthy meal. 

Definitely worth the effort 

Enjoy and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment