Friday, March 28, 2014

Food Friday-My new favorite salad!

Food Friday

My new favorite salad!


Don't you just love when you come across a new found dish!  This is what happened to me this week. It was a day when I didn't do my usual meal planning but I had bought a ton of vegetables. We had butternut squash, sweet potatoes, beets, corn and carrots and I had bought a bag of (new to me) mixed Cruciferous Greens.  This is a bag of healthy goodness from Trader Joes that will definitely make my staple list.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it all but I knew I could come up with something fun.  I hit the jackpot in my opinion as what resulted was an amazing dish I will definitely make again. 


The Cruciferous Crunch Collection is a mix of Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli and Green and Red Cabbage.  That is a whole lot of fun right there.  


I roasted my squash, sweet potatoes, beets, corn and carrots in a little olive oil, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.   I cut the kernels off the corn cob and chopped all the other veggies and tossed it into some fresh quinoa. I always like to do my quinoa in vegetable broth for a little flavor and this helped a ton as it gave the salad an amazing flavor even without dressing. 

I added all the ingredients together, the roasted veggies, the Cruciferous mix and the quinoa and I tossed it. The colors were amazing! If you wanted to add some extras you could always add some fresh avocado, goat cheese or even a handful of your favorite nuts. This salad was not only a great dinner for the family (and yes, my girls loved it!) but it also made a great lunch for me and HH the  next day.  My HH threw a little olive oil on his and Rice Vinegar and he was over the moon happy. 



Give it a try!  I guarantee you will love it. If you don't, bring it over as it will get eaten over here:) 

Get Fit. Live Fit. Be Fit and Eat Well!



No comments:

Post a Comment