Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Workout Wednesday

Workout Wednesday

Why do we do it??

Have you ever asked yourself the question...."Why do I workout out?"  Perhaps it is to loose a few pounds, because someone told you to, or perhaps you are training for a specific sports event, OR you are like me and just love the way you feel when you are both working out and when you are done. 

Rather than posting a workout for your body today, I wanted to post a workout for your mind, body and soul today. It is more of an exercise to help you remain focused on why it is you choose to work out.  

Question: 
Name 5 reasons why you work out??  
1-2-3-GO!

My answers in case you all were wondering:)
1. Health
2. To be a positive role-model to my girls and those around me
3. because I LOVE it
4. to keep my body active and do the things I love
5. To feel better both physically and mentally. 


Since 2014 started 15 short days ago, I have been teaching my classes and I often look around at my athletes and wonder why it is they come to class everyday. For some I know and for some I don't.  We talk goals in our classes but often times we forget why it is we are there.  

One of the most important things I notice in my classes is the camaraderie that people have with one another.  Having a group to workout with often times will motivate you, hold you accountable and just make it fun.  The athletes, we are fortunate to have in class, are all amazing in their own ways and bring so much energy and talent to class. 

We as coaches want nothing more than to see you succeed, reach your goal and help you reach farther.  It is hard to often just stand on the sidelines and run a class without truly being reminded of our love and passion to help each and every one of you. 

So if you catch me being a little harder on you, or hearing me ask you why like my 3.5 year old often does, it is because I care.  

Thank you for trusting me with your mind, body and soul and thank you for trusting me with your goals.  I always encourage people who are looking for change from class to take a break and come back. It not only will give you a sense of accomplishment to hopefully go out and workout on your own while hopefully using the tools we have given you in class, but also to come back and be reminded that a fit family is a fun and healthy one. 

So ask yourself next time before your workout the same question from above. 

Why are you working out today? 

It might just give you a little more focus, determination and motivation to give it your best.  Do this everyday for a week and write it down. I would love to hear what you find out and how you feel after each workout.  

Get out and Move
but today.....do it with a little more purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment