Friday, January 10, 2014

Food Friday

Food Friday

It tastes as good as it looks or should I say it looks as good as it tastes. This dish is not only colorful and gorgeous to the eye but to the taste buds as well.

This Food Friday recipe I found on the Splits59 blog "The Burn". I not only love their workout clothes but I am always finding amazing recipes on their blog as well.  This was one of them and is too good to pass up. 



Seared chicken breast with roasted red pepper and mustard vinaigrette on a bed of Palestinian cous cous, swiss chard, and butternut squash. 

Mustard Dressing: whole grain mustard, roasted bell peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and marjoram. 

Cous cous: shallot, garlic, chili flake, olive oil, thyme, white wine, and chicken stock"  

I seared the chicken and tofu in veggie broth with a little bit of spice.   I cooked the Cous Cous in the above and then added the chicken (tofu for me) on the bed of steamed swiss chard, baked butter nut squash (thanks Whole Foods and Trader Joes for having pre cut butternut squash) and Cous Cous was amazing with the above seasonings.  You could also use Quinoa as this was another alternative we tried in addition. 

The Dressing is amazing and is also super easy.  I always find my Magic Bullet the best tool to make my salad dressings. It is quick and easy to clean.  Drizzle on top of all the ingredients and top with a little roasted red peppers and viola!  This was amazing!  

 Thank you Alia Zane for this created and The Splits59 blog "The Burn" for posting this.  Check out this blog. Not only does it have a crazy cool name but it is full of amazing posts. 

Go over and read their definition of what the burn is. It is guaranteed to inspire!

P.S. If you are looking for some stellar workout clothes these by far are my favorite plus aside from their hip styles and colors I love that their pieces are made in the USA.  Check them out, they are having up to 70% off of some of my favorite styles right now. Too good not to look:)   www.splits59.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment