Friday, November 8, 2013

Food Friday!

Smoothie Friday

aka: Food Friday. 

Today I thought it would be fun to set up a little smoothie tasting post workout for my 6am class.  I am planning on rotating these around my classes so stay tuned to my other classes if you are reading this:) 

I always get asked about new ideas and flavors for smoothies, what protein I use and what is the best to use.  There are so many protein powders on the market and I have a new love for Vega Nutrition. Vega nutrition offers pure protein from plant based sources. It does not have additives or artificial sweeteners in it and having since moved away from meat it is a true source of plant based protein.  I will often use Egg White Protein on occasion but Vega Nutrition has been my main source and go-to product.  I will give you a breakdown of my other favorites from Vega next week but for today here are three new smoothie recipes you have to try! 


(left) Pumpkin Pie (center) Berry Bliss (right) Chocolate Fun

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 Serving of Vega All-in-One Vanilla flavored
1 Scoop of Pumpkin spice flavored greens
1 frozen banana
1 handful of strawberries
1 serving of chia seeds
Pumpkin pie spice
2 cups of water 
Blend away and enjoy! 

Berry Bliss
1 Serving of Vega All-in-one Berry flavored
1 serving of Chia seeds 
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
2 cups of water
Blend and enjoy!

Chocolate Friday Fun
1 serving of Vega Nutrition Chocolate Performance Protein 
1 frozen banana
1 serving of Chia seeds
2 Tbls of sunflower butter
2 Cups of water
Caco Nibs added at the end for a little crunch and fun. 
Blend and enjoy! 

The classes loved them all and we even ended the week with a little Friday Fashion as we had local fashion connoisseur Jill Hansen in class showcasing her fun and functional threads!  It was a great way to kick of a Friday Funday! 

Want to learn more about Vega Nutrition. Visit their website at myvega.com or shoot me a comment here and I can help.  Also check out their other fun recipes on the Vega online Recipe Center.

Happy Weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment