Friday, May 10, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie

Happy Food Friday!!!

This week I had plans to post an amazing chicken recipe but you are going to have to wait for that one as this Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie knocked my socks off and has made me a happy camper today. Thank you to one of my 6am boot campers, Amanda Morris, for your recipe. This was just what I needed to help me get through the day. It is super delicious, my girls loved it and it is a great way to satisfy a sweet craving. 

Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie: 

In a highs-peed blender (I use a vitamix and have to say it is well worth the investment)
1 cup almond milk
2 cups water
1 cup chia seed (I am a big fan of Mila-chia seed)
1 whole apple (I used a small fuji apple) OR you can use a frozen banana
2-3 dates
1/4 cup gluten free or regular oatmeal
A dash or two of cinnamon



Option: You can add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and make this a meal. I use egg white protein powder as to me it is the cleanest form outside of pea protein and other vegetable based.  

I usually blend the almond milk and water together with the chia seed to hydrate the seed. Then I add the rest of the ingredients and blend. You can also add ice or if you are really on it, you can place your glass or jar in the freezer and it makes it a little icy:) 

Blend well on high and pour and enjoy! 

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment