Friday, June 14, 2013

Food Friday: Graze into some snack ideas

Do you Graze? 

So you often hear me talk about grazing or keeping small meal in place throughout the day. Always being prepared so that you have a plan when hunger strikes or post mid-day workout. 
I was introduced to Graze.com and thought what a genius way to stay prepared...both for myself and for my kiddos.  

What is Graze.com?

Graze.com allows  you to sign up and select from over 90 snacks. You pick the flavor, sweet or salty, low calorie, treats and even gluten free. Everything is sent and selected by YOU. You can choose for delivery every week, every two weeks or once a month..you decide.  The cost...$5 for a box of 4 snacks. 


My experience and thoughts

My box arrived and I was super excited to open it up.  Inside I found:

  • simple snacks in serving sizes we all need to take note of
  • fun ways to package every day snacks
  • a convenient way to keep an 'emergency' snack tucked inside our desk, car or bag in case hunger strikes. 
Could you make these on your own and package them up....you bet!  Will you? um...I know I would like to say Yes:)   I know there are times I am over prepared, perfectly prepared and then there are times when I am dashing out the door and come 10:00 am realizing I have nothing in my car as I am driving around from class to class or running errands. Graze.com has saved me a couple of times.

What we could also take away from Graze.com is to become more prepared and taking steps to create 4-5 healthy snacks for our week ahead. I always take about being prepared and this is one way we can challenge us to perhaps create our own Graze that works for us and our families. 

Fresh fruits and veggies will be something Graze.com can't give us but perhaps they can fit a spot in the week when your baby carrots and hummus isn't sounding all that or when your apple with a Tablespoon of almond butter sounds too sweet. Graze.com offered a great mix of nuts conveniently packaged in a 100 calorie box...It was just what I needed at that moment.  Something new. Something fun. Take it or leave it.


Want more information check them out at Graze.com 

Have a great Friday
and
Get Fit. Live Fit. Be Fit!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment